InterMountain Eye Associates, P.C.
Specialists in Comprehensive Eye Care for
Northeastern Pennsylvania, the Lehigh Valley and the Poconos
At InterMountain Eye Associates, our patients are our top priority. Our friendly staff and caring doctors will strive to make your visit the most pleasant visit to a doctor you have EVER had. Tired of going to eye ‘institutes’ where 2 to 3-hour wait times are the norm? Why not give Dr. Vale and his eye care staff the chance to change your view of what an eye exam should be like? When it comes to your vision, it is understandable to be concerned when problems arise. Let us help with our compassionate care and respect for you and your concerns.
InterMountain Eye Associates was founded by Steven Vale, M.D. in 1999 to provide comprehensive medical and surgical eye care to the people of Northeastern PA, including the Pocono Lakes Region, Susquehanna, Sullivan and Bradford Counties and northern Monroe County as well as Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Carbondale, Towanda, Wyalusing, Laceyville, Tunkhannock, Honesdale, Dunmore, Clarks Summit, Pittston, Tobyhanna, Gouldsboro, Newfoundland, Pocono Pines and Mount Pocono.
Our first ophthalmology practice in Northeast Pennsylvania was in Honesdale, but soon moved to Carbondale, Pennsylvania, where Dr. Vale has practiced ophthalmology since August of 1999. 2003 saw the opening of our second eye care location at the intersection of Moosic Street and Meadow Avenue in Scranton, PA. At that time, Dr. Vale also established his first LASIK laser vision correction center, Acuity Laser Eye & Vision Center, at the Scranton location.
In 2006 we expanded our medical and surgical eye care services into the Lehigh Valley, with our third office on Route 191 in Bethlehem Township, in Northampton County.
InterMountain Eye Associates, P.C. now provides the finest in medical and surgical ophthalmology to most areas of Eastern Pennsylvania, including:
- Routine, annual and complete eye exams for adults and children
- Glaucoma diagnosis and treatment
- Diabetic eye disease evaluation and management
- Treatment of corneal and external eye disease including ocular infections and inflammation, as well as blepharitis and associated eyelid disease
- Uveitis treatment
- Medical and laser treatment of retinal diseases
- Dry eye therapy and treatment
- Ocular allergies and itchy eyes
- Surgery for pterygium, blepharoptosis (droopy eyelids) and eyelid lesions
- Cataract evaluation and management
- Ocular trauma and sports related eye injuries
- Second opinions regarding eye disease diagnosis or surgical treatment by another ophthalmologist or optometrist
Through our association with Acuity Laser Eye & Vision Center, where Dr. Vale serves as medical director, InterMountain Eye Associates can offer you multiple laser vision correction options, including LASIK, Epi-LASIK, PRK and LASEK, which are available at our Scranton and Bethlehem locations.
Call today for the most advanced diagnostic and surgical eye care in Pennsylvania’s Northern Tier and Lehigh Valley!
OFFICE LOCATIONS OF INTERMOUNTAIN EYE ASSOCIATES:
78 Salem Avenue
Carbondale, PA 18407
PHONE: (570) 282-2000 • FAX: (570) 483-8210
4 Meadow Avenue
Scranton, PA 18505-2337
PHONE: (570) 504-1530 • FAX: (570) 504-1533
216 Nazareth Pike
Bethlehem, PA 18020
PHONE: (610) 813-0342 • FAX: (610) 813-0628